Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Free biscuits!


Gluten free and dairy free that is. No good for nut allergies though.


These biscuits are sweet and satisfying. I was not compelled to secretly eat the whole batch. I think there were two reasons for this (1) there were so many even I could see any effort would have been futile (2) after I ate one I was curiously satisfied. This was a disturbing discovery so I ate another one to test my response and the result was the same. I was thus left too conclude that gluten free really does fill you up better than gluten infused treats.
Test it out for yourself.


3 eggs

1 1/3 cup caster sugar (295g)

4 cups almond meal (500g)

1/2 - 1 teaspoon almond essence

1 cup pure icing sugar (160g)



  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius

  • Using and electric mixer beat eggs and suga together until thick and pale. Fold in almond meal and essence until well combined. Chill for 30 minutes.

  • Roll mixture into walnut sized balls. Roll balls in icing sugar. Place on lined baking tray and use fingers to flatten slightly.
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes, until pale golden.
  • Cool before serving.

NB/ You can use vanilla essence, rosewater or coconut essence

Too easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails