Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Berry Nice.


My sisters laughed at me when I told them I wanted an ice cream maker. Their mocking went along the lines of "Why?" "You'll only use it once." "Where are you going to put it?"

Granted the last one was a legitimate concern as I don't have an awful lot of space. But come on it's an ice cream maker why wouldn't I want one and since I got it a year and a half ago I have used it more than once, so ner. Ice cream makers are awesome.

This week I made raspberry ice cream.




Mix 2/3 cup sugar
230g your favourite berries fresh or thawed
1/4 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup whole milk
in a food processor until smooth and well mixed. Pour into a bowl and stir in
1 1/3 cups heavy cream (35% fat)

Pour into your brand new ice cream maker that you just bought because I told you they are awesome. And wah-lah rich, creamy, tarty berry ice cream.

Remember, to win a great recipe book see the post below.

3 comments:

  1. It was the part about it being a soft serve machine that I couldn't see the point to it.

    I love my ice cream maker - our favourite is chocolate gelato - I feel like some now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe those boys sat there & didnt eat it before you being able to take those pics. now where is mine??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your ice cream maker :) the lemon flavor? YUM. i bet the raspberry is amazing!!
    miss you!
    ...does this comment mean I'm in the competition for the magazine? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails