Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thai-licious Salad

I know....the title is lame, but I can assure you that the dish isn't.

A couple of weeks ago I needed to take a dish to a family gathering. As I was searching through magazines, looking for something that met my criteria - simple, different, yummy - I stumbled on a Thai Beef Salad salad that ticked all my boxes.

I followed the recipe pretty much but just added some rice noodles to bulk it up. The salad was such a success I re-made it the other day without the beef and added some raw peanuts for that extra crunch.


Hints......

Red Chilli - I took the seed out of the chilli but if you would like a bit of heat just leave them in

Shallot -if you can't find any just use a red onion

Beef - If you want to turn it into more of a main meal add some beef. Last time I used rump steak

Leftovers - if by chance it wasn't gobbled up, it tastes great the next day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails