Friday, February 12, 2010

For the love of food



I don't know about you but food makes me happy.

It sets off some kind of endorphins that make me feel like nothing in the world, at that moment, matters.

And because of that, I like to see others happy when they eat something I've made.

I LOVE to be complimented, love it!

I won't show it, I'll politely say "thank you, it was just something I whipped up", but inside I'm River Dancing, Michael Flatley style.

So you can be sure that I'll be cooking my little heart out this Valentines Day, to show my true love that there's no one else I would rather make happy than him.


Almond Meal Cookies

125 gm butter, softened
1/3 C caster sugar
1/3 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 C plain flour
1/4 C self-raising flour
1/2 C almond meal




Beat butter & sugar together until creamy. Add the egg and combine well
Combine sifted flour & almond meal into creamy mixture and stir.
Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until about 5mm thick and refrigerate for about 30 mins.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
With your chosen cookie cutter cut shapes out of the dough.
Place the shapes on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 12mins.
Cool cookies on a wire rack.


To Decorate

Icing sugar
Cold water
Food colouring
M&M's (or other confectionery)



Combine all ingredients, except M&M's, until you get a smooth paste.
You'll only need a tablespoon or so of water to about a cup of icing sugar.

3 comments:

  1. i honestly would have thought that you have enough compliments to last you a life time. All your food is more than good, I have never tasted anything that you cooked that was just ok. Next season we can enter MKR & I'll just ride on your coat tails XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - if they taste as good as they look then they're amazing!! And your photography is fantastic. Do you do your own or did you get a biscuit photo shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet these were really yummy. You'll get Chocolate Cake tommorrow. Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails