Saturday, May 15, 2010

Great Food & Great Company

.
.
.



Last night I went out to dinner with some friends from Singapore. Ping had studied in Adelaide years ago and had a hankering to visit his favourite Italian restaurant in Adelaide Enoteca. It was some of the best food I have ever tasted. I started with the salmon entree, it was very velvety. The salmon roe would pop in my mouth showering my tastebuds with salty delight. Then I had a gnocchi main meal and as a general rule I don't choose gnocchi but I figured that my chances of getting a first grade gnocchi was pretty good this time.
I was blown away. The gnocchi pillows were light and fluffy without a hint of studgyness. The rabbit and swiss brown mushrooms were rich and very fulfilling. A first rate meal. The company was so enjoyable that we didn't even notice the lateness of the hour till we got up to pay the bill. It was 11pm and we were the last ones there.
I know this is a recipe blog but this time I took some liberty with the term kitchen comfort because last nights meal was the epitome of comfort food as only the Italians know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails